Freeware End User License Agreement (EULA)
last update: January 25th 2020. This EULA applies to all no charge software from No-Nonsens inc. Specifically: Temporary Font Manager and Win Subst.
No-Nonsens inc. grants you a limited non-exclusive license to use FREEWARE downloadable from No-Nonsens inc. for personal, educational, charity, and commercial use.
If you are using the SOFTWARE free of charge under the terms of this Agreement, you are not entitled to support although No-Nonsens inc. will respond to support requests if they relate to our SOFTWARE that is not performing it’s task correctly (bugs etc).
Our Freeware is licensed to you in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You represent and warrant that you will not violate any of the requirements of this Agreement and further represent and warrant that:
1. Software License.
If you obtained the Software from No-Nonsens inc. or one of its authorised licensees and as long as you comply with the terms of this agreement, No-Nonsens inc. grants you a non-exclusive license to install and use the Software in a manner consistent with its design and Documentation and as further set forth below.
- General Use. You may install and use The Software on an unlimited number of computers within your home, office or organisation as long as the usage is within the terms of this EULA; and
- Distribution from Server. You may copy an image of the Software onto file server(s) within your Local Network for the purpose of downloading and installing the Software onto Computers within the same Local Network; and
- Server Use. You may install the Software on Computer file server(s) for access within your Local Network only for use of the Software initiated by an individual from a Computer within the same Local Network. By way of example, the foregoing does not permit you to install, host or access (either directly or through commands, data or instructions) the Software for enabling web hosted services available to the public.
2. Intellectual Property Ownership.
The Software and any authorized copies that you make are the intellectual property of and are owned by No-Nonsens inc. and its suppliers. The structure, organisation and code of the Software are the valuable trade secrets and confidential information of No-Nonsens inc. and its suppliers. The Software is protected by law, including but not limited to the copyright laws of the Netherlands and the European Union and by international treaty provisions. Except as expressly stated herein, this agreement does not grant you any intellectual property rights in the Software and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by No-Nonsens inc. and its suppliers.
3. Restrictions and Requirements.
- Notices. Any permitted copy of the Software that you make must contain the same copyright and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Software.
- Use Obligations. You agree that you will not use the Software other than as permitted by this agreement and that you will not use the Software in a manner inconsistent with its design or Documentation.
- No Modifications. You may not modify, adapt or translate the Software.
- No Reverse Engineering. You will not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software except to the extent you may be expressly permitted under applicable law to decompile only in order to achieve interoperability with the Software.
- No Transfer. You will not rent, lease, sell, sub-license, assign or transfer your rights in the software, or authorise any portion of the software to be copied onto another individual or legal entity’s computer except as may be expressly permitted herein. This Software is identified as “not for resale” (also known as “nfr”) and may not be resold or otherwise transferred for value.
- No use or attempt to use in any production to: engage or assist in any activity that may: (A) infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party; (B) contain any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, (C) harm or attempt to harm others; (D) have the potential to incite or produce conduct that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, religiously or sexually discriminatory; or otherwise objectionable; (E) promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals.
4 Warranty Disclaimer.
Except for the limited warranty set forth herein, the Software is provided “as is” and No-Nonsens inc. makes no warranty as to its use or performance. Except for any warranty, condition, representation or term the extent to which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law, No-Nonsens inc. its suppliers, and authorised partners make no warranty, condition, representation, or term (express or implied, whether by statute, common law, custom, usage or otherwise) as to any matter including, without limitation, non infringement of third party rights, merchantability, satisfactory quality, integration, or fitness for a particular purpose. You assume responsibility for selecting the Software to achieve your intended results, and for the installation of, use of, and results obtained from the Software. Without limiting the foregoing provisions, No-Nonsens inc. makes no warranty that the software will be error-free or free from interruptions or other failures or that the Software will meet your requirements.
5 Limitation of Liability.
Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, whether in tort, contract, or otherwise, shall No-Nonsens inc. or its authorised partners or suppliers be liable to you or to any other person for loss of profits, loss of goodwill, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, or damages for negligence of any character including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, loss of data, computer failure or malfunction, or for any other damage or loss.
6. High Risk Activities.
The Software is not fault-tolerant and is not designed or intended for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, including without limitation, in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, weapons systems, direct life-support machines, or any other application in which the failure of the Software could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or property damage (collectively, “High Risk Activities”). No-Nonsens inc. expressly disclaims any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities. In addition, in no event does No Nonsens inc. authorise you to use the Software in applications or systems where the Software failure to perform can reasonably be expected to result in a significant physical injury, or in loss of life. Any such use by you is entirely at your own risk, and you agree to hold No Nonsens inc. harmless from any claims or losses relating to such unauthorised use.